Friday, February 13, 2009

He's Always There . . . He's Everywhere!


Every day is a different day now. Each day is another day without our beloved matriarch, and the loss for our family has been great! When the phone rings, I wonder if it's her. When I hear something amusing, or something interesting, my first thought is to share it with her.

Now especially, I am so thankful for my heavenly Best Friend! He has been my Comforter and my Rock through all of this. Sometimes when I lie in bed at night, I can almost physically feel His arms around me, comforting me with His love and understanding. After all, He's already been down that path. He knows all about the emotional pain of loss.

No matter how great the loss, or how deep the pain, He can and will, ease the hurt. I've seen His love in the faces of friends and family who shared our grief. I've felt His comfort in the touch of those who have sympathized with our loss.

He is everywhere! No matter where I turn, day or night, He is there! His Words of scripture comfort me in the early morning hours, and my evening prayers thank Him for the strength He has given me to get through another day.

God is good. He is everywhere. He is my Rock.

Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart; wait, I say, on the Lord. Psalm 27:14.

No comments: