Friday, October 15, 2010

Long time gone . . .

 

It's been a long time since I've been here. It seems after my mom died last year, the blog seem to die for a while too. Maybe for a while I just didn't have the heart, but now it feels like the time is right to start again and share the stories and notes about the transitions of my life.

As I sit here enjoying a cup of chamomile tea, I think about all that has happened in my life since I last blogged here. Some things haven't changed. The Lord continues to bless me richly with His constant care and guidance. My health has gone downhill a bit, but life is still good, and every day is a blessing from the Lord! 

He has challenged me, comforted me, corrected me, and led me in the ways that I should go. He's been my Rock - from helping me pick up the pieces after mom died, to meeting new challenges in my life. He is definitely my Rock!

I am no longer working as the manager of the senior apartment complex where I live. I had to step down because of health issues, but I am now the assistant manager with  new "subtitles" of Activities Director and Newsletter Editor. I enjoy both jobs and hope to be successful at both. 

We are trying hard to get some new activities going and liven this place up a bit, but over the last couple of years, it's been hard to get enough people interested in any one activity - other than bingo - to make anything work. Even half of our bingo players are non-residents who come to enjoy an afternoon with us. Everyone enjoys the weekly bingo games though and that's what counts.

Over the last year or so, we have been going through a transition here, where a lot of our older tenants have had to leave because they aren't able to live alone anymore, or they have passed away. We are slowly but surely getting in a younger, or at least healthier, group of residents here, so I'm hoping we can get some things going.

Our new manager is a real asset to our complex and I'm so glad he is here. I couldn't keep up with the job anymore, but when he came on, he hit the floor running and is doing a great job! So many of the changes that I wanted to get done, but couldn't - he has been able to accomplish. That has made me feel very good, because these were things that we as residents needed, or that needed to be done within the complex. I'm so happy to see these things getting done at long last. Our new manager is so full of energy and great ideas. He and I think a lot alike on many things, so our working together is a good match! His wife is a real sweetheart and I enjoy talking with her also.

For tonight, I will stop and enjoy my cup of tea. But I'll be back and share with you more of the "happenings" in my life! May God be with you and bless your life as richly as He has blessed mine!

I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalm 34:1

No comments: